Apr 5, 2022
Who pays a real estate agent’s commission is a standing debate in regular times but these are NOT regular times.
We’re sure you’re feeling the effects of the unreal real estate market right now! So it felt like a great time to debate this issue. Who better to debate this with other than Jan Smits, a veteran real estate agent with the Alan Corey Team.
Alan and Jan take opposite sides of this debate and dig into all of the nuances that are involved in figuring out who pays real estate commissions. Will this shift in the market weed out new realtors? What are some creative solutions to this issue that can protect all parties involved? These and more questions are explored in this friendly and important debate that affects us all right now in real estate.
Agent Upgrade is proudly sponsored by Jasmine Mortgage Team.
- Who Should Pay Real Estate Agent Commissions with Jan Smits of the Alan Corey Team
- Debating whether or not realtors should get a 3% commission
- The starting argument | Pros of cutting your commission
- The Cons of cutting real estate agent commission
- Every real estate agent is competition
- Selling Bonuses
- Strategy to fight against “I Buy” Agents (Zillow, Redfin, etc.)
- Evaluating Cash Offers
- Taking a commission hit thinking of long-term views of an agent
- Closing Thoughts and Crowning Jan the Debate Winner
Also, check out Alan's book, House FIRE, to blow your mind on how real estate investing FIRE method ('financial independence, retire early') can change your life.
AGENT UPGRADE PODCAST INFO: